Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Icing, skip the cake

It always surprises me how kids can eat that sickly-sweet icing that comes on birthday cake. Mine take it to a whole new level: they eat the icing and hand me back the cake. When I came up with a paleo-licious way of enjoying desert, I told them,

"That's it, guys, desert: Icing, no cake!"  Needless to say, it was a win.

Ingredients:

  • Berries of any kind. My kids' favorite: strawberries.
  • Whipped cream
You get the idea. Who said, desert is out with Paleo?

The amazing thing about whipped cream is, it's a nearly-unlimited-sinfully-delicious-feel-good-about-it food.  It requires so little sugar to taste sweet that you will usually see "Sugar: 0g" on the label.  Do shop around as most whipped cream these days is low-fat. The costco version is amazingly tasty, full fat and very lightly sweetened.

No comments:

Post a Comment