Thursday, September 2, 2010

Paleo muffins

I've been excited for months to make these good-looking paleo muffins that I found on Caveman Food blog.  Muffins used to be among our favorites: blueberry, orange, even cornbread muffins won a lot of cheers at breakfast.  Will my darling family like these? (I am planning on making the banana nut variation ,not the cranberry pumpkin pictured.  The latter might come at Halloween time!)

For whatever reason, I keep running into trouble: when I have almond flour, I am missing chopped walnuts. When those finally arrive, there are no bananas. Today I thought I was finally ready - no baking powder!

This is it! I am going to find a way to acquire baking powder by lunch time, before we eat the bananas!

UPDATE: I did, and here is the recipe: Nutty Banana Muffins.  This turned out to be the mother of all muffins: soft, flakey, and the best part - they do not go stale for days, unlike their flour-based counterparts.

No comments:

Post a Comment