Monday, April 11, 2011

Scallops are coming for dinner

Today was an unqualified success! What you see on the left is Alex's best attempt and posing next to his picnic of strawberries, whipped cream and shaved chocolate. I created the latter in the blender, just to add to the festiveness of the occasion.

We got home and I threw some shrimp in the pot, rounding out the meal that started with veggie chips & seaweed snacks earlier in the afternoon.

Lunch box

Tomorrow for school, I will send some of those veggie chips with them.  They are not the best as they use safflower oil.  However, the concept is neat: various root veggies used in place of potatoes.  Our favorite turned out to be beets. Could I fry those in coconut oil? I need to try!

The veggie salad I described today shall make its first appearance in a lunch box tomorrow! Shrimp takes main stage; throw in remaining strawberries and we've got lunch!

Dinner

I shall attempt bacon wrapped scallops and cream of mushroom soup. I might make both in time for lunch and have dinner be informal, starting with an after-school snack, just like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment