Saturday, October 1, 2011

On again off again

It's been a really long time.  There are fairly good reasons for it.  If've been away from blogging generally as I have been working near full-time (as full time as having two kids allows!  Not real close!) on a business venture I started with my husband.

But there is another, a more important reason. I had to make a choice - the same choice all of us face when we wander off the beaten path and make choices that are fundamentally different to those of our peers. Do I keep pushing paleo, creating conflict at home, discomfort out, and eye-rolling by friends and relatives? The eye-rolling is easy. Much of what I do tends to produce that reaction in some.  :-) The out stuff is pretty straight-forward to.  I just did not find it difficult to find good amazing food anywhere I was, save McDonald's, which is just disgusting whichever way you look at it!  The conflict at home, however, was what caused me to choose the other way...

I am now in a very very comfortable lifestyle of having someone else primarily responsible for our meals and the past problems I had with my live-in mother-in-law have diminished dramatically.  She feels like she has a place in our home, she is taking care of and feeding us, and she is happy. I went from cooking separate meals from hers, to supplementing what she cooked with something of my own, to picking and choosing what I eat that's "ok", to eventually relaxing and having what was being served and tasted good. Worth it? Very likely.  I am so busy, and meals just kind of show up! I still pick the healthier options: avoid pasta, eat only "real" bread, always with a lot of butter, focus on the meat, but I do not do meal preparation any more.

It's been going really great as not one, but two concerns have been taken off my shoulder: cooking and fighting with Granny. :-)  Hey, that's nothing to sniff at.

There is only one problem: I AM EXHAUSTED! And therein comes a new dilemma: is peaceful and exhausted better than healthy and full of energy?  I have not come to an answer yet, but I am exploring the possibilities...

That's it for now... I will come back infrequently and post updates.  I seriously have no idea what they are going to be like.  Thanks for hanging around!

No comments:

Post a Comment